TGR Design is a full-service golf course design firm that believes a distinct and memorable golf course results from three distinct phases: Discovery, Detail Design and Design Implementation. We believe each phase of the design process is crucial to delivering an outstanding golf experience, regardless of playing ability. Tiger designs the way he plays -- with imagination, high expectations, total dedication and hard work. As a firm, TGR Design incorporates these qualities in every project.
Primary Goal: Understand the Client's vision and set specific goals and objectives.
- Visit site to meet with the Client and understand his or her vision and goals
- Perform a site analysis to evaluate the potential of the property
- Consult with Client's land planners to assist in developing the Master Plan and locating the golf course
- Develop conceptual routing plans of the golf course for discussion and review
- Assist with preliminary budget for golf course construction
Primary Goal: Begin to bring the Client's vision to life.
- Prepare a final routing plan
- Begin production on the following construction document plans: conceptual grading, staking, clearing, grassing, landscaping and other construction program elements
- Further refine the estimate of construction costs based on the final routing plan and vision for the golf course
- Recommend other consultants as needed (for example: Irrigation Designer, Agronomist, Project Engineer)
- Identify a list of golf course builders and shapers suitable for bidding the project
- Deliver construction documents to the Client for bidding and constructing the golf course
Primary Goal: Ensure proper execution of the Client's vision.
- Ensure proper implementation of golf course construction documents in the field
- Make periodic site visits during construction for layout review and golf strategy implementation
- Hands-on attention to fairway shaping, green contours and bunker detailing
- Assist with quality control over construction of the golf course
- Conduct follow-up evaluations to ensure quality throughout grow-in and opening of the golf course